Sunday, December 25, 2011

All Dressed Up.

This Holiday season took me by surprise. Not that it came so quick, not that it was full of unexepcted events, simply because for the first time i actually didn't feel the Christmas Spirit. I'll admit that I am in no way a fan of the Christmas Spirit, nor do I enjoy the Holiday season, but I've always been able to feel it.
I can smell it in the air, hear it on the highway, in the streets...and this year I couldn't. I noticed it immediately on the second week of November, then it continued and continued and continued; I even searched for it, but nothing came of it. I'm not saying I'm dying to find the Spirit, but I felt it's absence, and I think I missed it. I may not like it, but I missed hating it this year.
Christmas is here and as usual, working in retail means no vacation time to spend it with loved ones, so here I am: dressed to the nines, martini in hand, waiting for the Spirit to come and make me feel like I have something to look forward to- cringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment