Thursday, May 12, 2016

I have a test

I have an appointment with my neurologist tomorrow morning. I don't want to sound like I'm bragging by saying, "my neurologist," it's absolutely my first time seeing one. I just have to keep adding the word "my" to make it more personal and less frightening. The appointment will probably consist of introducing ourselves and then recounting my 6 weeks in the hospital during my awful strike of meningitis. Then we are supposed to start the test(s). 

I'm not exactly sure what testing will be done, I know that there will be cat scans and a possible lumbar poke, which I'm hoping doesn't happen because I had 3 done in those 6 weeks of meningitis. I'm worried of what the results will be because, I think I feel so great that I'll probably be slapped down with reality. My doctor says I'm probably 80% recovered but mentioned that one of he secondary concerns during recovery was nerve damage, so the neurologist will be testing for that as well. I was audibly thrilled. 

I keep telling myself that it's gonna go by quick. That we are just gonna do a 1-2-3 testing and done. I'm hoping for an hour, maybe 2, of testing. Fingers crossed. On the bright side: I will have my bedroom wallpapered by Monday. Yay! 

It's the little things…

No comments:

Post a Comment